The Industries, Commerce & Investment Department is one of the major Government Institutions striving to promote industrial development, trade and investment in the province. The main focus of activity is promotion of trade and investment in the province.The Government of the Punjab is keen on creating a business-friendly investment climate in line with the Federal Government Policies and present the Province of Punjab as an attractive investment destination for the entrepreneurs / investors.
Encourage & Promote Industry including Cottage Industry for sustainable growth, credit facilitation including Micro Financing, facilitation in Trade and Business, availability of Skilled Manpower, Consumer Protection and co-ordination in Price control.
The mission is to create prosperity by strengthening the competitiveness of Punjab business environment, promoting trade by all means including competitive and efficient export supply chain and investment climate that helps develop the private sector, and addressing issues related to fair trade and compliance with international trade regime.
Enlisted below are some of the major objectives of the department:
- Promotion of Industry & Investment in the Province
- Advocacy and Implementation of Trade & Investment Policies of the Federal/ Provincial Governments
- Liaison with Private Sector, Trade Bodies and Trade Associations
- Creation of awareness about WTO related trade laws & standards
- Improve Product Competitiveness and Export Supply Chains
- Conduct research and provide Technical Expertise to Private Sector